I know I know… I was supposed to have done this last Friday…. annnnnd it’s technically not a weigh in day… so, I’m making it up to you by blogging today. Last Friday we were on our way to Chicago with a quick pit stop in Fort Wayne. If you live in Indiana you know that that’s not a quick trip!
So, as you can imagine by the lack of update last week I’ve hit the absolute chaotic part of my season…. two amazing weddings back to back… both out of town… intermixed with session after session after session after session! I can’t remember shooting this much since 2006! (Back then I didn’t put as much into planning/preparing for each shoot so it was MUCH easier for me then!)
What does that mean? Less working out and a whole lot more dining out. BLEH! I’ve been absolutely DREADING weighing myself… DREADING it. I was just SURE I’d gained 5 pounds. I hadn’t weighed in three weeks. Does anyone else do this… ignorance is bliss, right!?
So finally… I did it… yesterday morning. I tiptoed on the scale as gracefully as I possibly could (after all… graceful people weigh less… didn’t you know?!) and BADABOOM BADABING… I’d LOST!!!!! Not a WHOLE lot… but a loss is a loss is a loss IS A DAMN LOSS!!!! HELLLLLLL YES BETTIES!!!!!! I lost 2 pounds in the last three weeks. AGAIN… nothing to write home about… but remember, I thought I’d gained five. So, to me… it’s like a 7 pound loss 😀 😀 😀
Turns out that after 2 years on the healthy train I’ve learned to make smart choices when life isn’t always set up 100% for success. That EVEN THOUGH I haven’t been able to find time to work out… I was still able to find tasks to do quickly enough to get my heart rate up. (Oh yes… I wear that stupid heart rate monitor ALLLL of the time). For example… cleaning… I put myself on a 30 minute timer, add my heart rate monitor and RUN around this house at ridiculous speeds cleaning. WIN FRICKIN’ WIN! A 30 minute clean up job and a workout… CHECK AND MARK!
Here are a few of my non-scale victories from the past three weeks…
- My clothes look like shiz on me because they’re WAY too big.
- I finally bought new jeans last night and they’re down a size. BOOYAH!
- I caught a very inebriated 190lb man from falling down 50ish cement stairs because I’m strong 🙂 (if I hadn’t been working out… I’m convinced this man either would have died or never been the same… he was heading down head first and these stairs were STEEEEEP!) Thank you Kristen for that!
- I also bought a few new shirts and after trying them on… I felt pretty for the first time in years. 😀
Here are a few of my not so victorious observations
- My coconuts are frickin’ HUGE! I mean… I’ve always been a well endowed woman (thanks Mom!) but since I’ve lost weight… they seem a WHOLE lot bigger. Before I was just an overweight woman with large breasts… now I’m a skinny legged woman with big breasts… NOT a fan.
- Speaking of skinny legs… it seems that I’ve lost the most amount of weight in my legs… and the least amount in my waist. 🙁 I’ve always had an hour-glassish figure… even when I was much heavier. I’m not quite sure why it’s coming off this way? Probably because I’m no longer 18! I just measured and in my waist I’ve lost 7.5 inches (WOW TO THAT SHIZ!) and 5.25 inches in ONE thigh… ONE THIGH! I’ve lost neeeearly the same amount of inches in my waist as I have in ONE THIGH! Does anyone know how to remedy this???
- I guess, bottom line… I’ve been feeling VERY top heavy lately and I’m not a fan. 🙁
So… I still have a bit to go… but I’m DEFINITELY feeling muuuuuucho better about myself… best about myself since our wedding day. 😀
OH! Speaking of wedding… I’M AT MY WEDDING WEIGHT BETTTTTIES!!!!!!!!!! That’s a BIG deal…. HUGE deal to me 🙂 🙂 🙂
Currently… I’ve lost 5.89% on this round of the healthy train 🙂 Total? 20.96%. 😀
Okay… enough about me…
Here are our current top five:
Jill Pollitt 19.3%
Michelle Hunley 18.6%
Devan Whitson 15.63%
Jessica Harrison 11.1%
Kelly Ritter 10.69%
WOWWWWW TO THOSE NUMBERS! CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
And because a photo blogger who blogs without a photo… well, that just isn’t right!
This was taken on a session while our subjects did a quick outfit change…. I thought… what a cool car, I want a photo with it! So, I took one 😀 Oh, and that isn’t my hat… I borrowed it from the guy we were photoing… (those images coming some time next week)
I posted it to my Facebook page and said… “this reminds me of a very specific cartoon character… and I can’t quite place it.
Someone suggest the Joker in Batman… hmmm… close… but that’s not it.
THEN Elisabeth said, “Cute picture. If your face was green it would be kind of like Jim Carrey in the Mask. (based on the teethy grin, angle of your face, and the hat).”
YES! THAT WAS IT!!!!!
So anyway… thanks for your patience friends… and I’ll see you again here NEXT week for our official weigh in 😀
As always, a few quick reminders…
To those on the train, be sure to weigh in via the Google doc!
- Next official weigh in is September 3rd.
- If you’re a twitterer, be sure to add the hashtag #healthytrain to your HT tweet.
- Join “bobbi’s healthy train” group on Facebook… ANYONE can join… not just the people with the before pics. My trainer is an admin … so if you have fitness questions, ask ‘em there! Dane is also an admin, so if you have questions about diet… he’s the guy to talk to. We’d love to have you… 😀 Oh, and Scott is also an admin… if you need motivation HE’S the man to talk to! A quick disclaimer… because I’m in the midst of my crazy season… I’m not able to be a full participant in the Facebook group. 🙁 I definitely do check in weekly though 😀
- You don’t have to be officially competing to participate.
- Finale date is October 29th.
❗ + ❓